Jul 10, 2017

REVIEW: Torn (Devil's Wolves #1) by Carian Cole




Buy from Amazon

SUMMARY:

He’s loved me since the day I was born.
He’s taken care of me.
He’s awakened me.

Tor. My father’s best friend.
Fifteen years older than me, he’s always been my protector.
The one I should never, ever want.
But I was born to be his.

She’s always loved me.
She’s shattered me.
She’s healed me.

Kenzi. My best friend’s daughter.
I held her the day she was born, and I never let go.
She’s forbidden to me. But she’s the only one that really gets me.
We’re slowly being torn apart by everything we love.
Everything we want.
Everything we desire.

And now I want the one thing I can’t have... I want her.

** Please note: There is no underage sex in this book. This is a romance. **

MY RATING:


MY REVIEW:
Taboo romance lovers, behold!

So, in the morning I was browsing this list ’11 taboo books you should read’ or something like that and this one was on it. By that evening, I was already reading this. Never mind that I have 100 other books to read. Taboo books are my weakness.

As Drake would say:


Anyhow, this was unexpectedly good. A lot of books try to sell themselves as taboo, but you don’t feel that forbidden factor. Here I felt it all. There is the age difference of 15 years between Tor and Kenzie, plus he’s her father’s best friend and he helped raise her. So you can see how it’s all very tricky.

I think all relationships start with an invisible line, and even though we can’t see it, we all know it’s there because we can feel it. We respect that line because it keeps the bounds of the relationship intact. The line guides us within our relationships and dictates who is our friend, who is our family, who is our lover, who is someone we can or can’t trust.

But I loved how everything was handled; there is a slow transition from family to friends to lovers. They don’t get together too fast and I love that. They struggle with their feelings and attraction towards each other.

Ah, the sexual tension, the angst, it was all so very hot and emotional.

I feel sick.
I feel twisted.
I feel unhinged with want for her.

So yeah, this book will make you uncomfortable, but if you’re like me, and like these books that dance on the edge of appropriate, you’ll like this.





xoxo,
Beatrix



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, so feel free to write to us. We try to respond to every single one and to comment back on your blog, if you have one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...